Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement
This nationally accredited Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement is intended for those who assess both occupational competence in the work environment and vocational skills, knowledge and understanding in environments other than the workplace (for example a workshop, classroom or other training environment).
The objective of this qualification is to provide the essential knowledge and understanding that assessment staff need, and offer additional units that describe competent practice. This approach gives flexibility and a greater potential to meet the needs of aspiring assessors.
It includes the following assessment methods (although not all of these require performance evidence): assessment of the learner in simulated environments, skills tests, oral and written questions, assignments, projects, case studies, recognising prior learning.
How this course will empower you
By the end of the course learners will be able to:
- Understand the principles and requirements of assessment and different types of assessment method
- Understand how to make assessment decisions and how to involve learners and others in assessment
- Understand quality assurance of the assessment process
- Make assessment decisions about occupational competence
- Provide required information following the assessment of occupational competence and maintain legal and good practice requirements when assessing occupational competence
- Prepare and carry out assessments of vocational skills, knowledge and understanding
- Gain an ideal CPD recognition
How this course is structured
To be awarded the Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement, learners are required to successfully complete 3 mandatory units:
- Understanding the principles and practices of assessment
- Assess occupational competence in the work environment
- Assess Vocational Skills, Knowledge and Understanding
The qualification is designed for learners aged 19 and above. There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 2 qualification.
What kind of support do I get during the course?
- 24/7 online access to resources
- Practical exercises, short case studies and examples that will prepare you for the final assessment
- A subject expert who will give you feedback on your formative assessments and report
- Access to library facilities for books, journals, whitepapers etc