Level 4 Certificate in Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice
This OFQUAL regulated qualification, Level 4 Certificate in Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice enables the learner to gain the knowledge and skills to lead a team of internal quality assurance staff who are responsible for maintaining the quality of assessment from within an organisation or assessment centre.
This qualification is also suitable for individuals from diverse sectors and for those who may already be employed as an internal quality assurer or in a supervisory role for a training provider, further education college or internal training department or looking to progress to leading a team of quality assurers.
The purpose of this qualification is to confirm competence in an occupational role to the standards required. It is intended for those who lead a team of internal quality assurance staff.
How this course will empower you
By the end of the course learners will be able to:
- Understand the principles and requirements of assessment and different types of assessment method
- Understand how to make assessment decisions and how to involve learners and others in assessment
- Understand quality assurance of the assessment process
- Make assessment decisions about occupational competence
- Provide required information following the assessment of occupational competence and maintain legal and good practice requirements when assessing occupational competence
- Prepare and carry out assessments of vocational skills, knowledge and understanding
- Gain an ideal CPD recognition
How this course is structured
To be awarded the Level 4 Certificate in Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice, learners are required to successfully complete 3 mandatory units:
- Understanding the Principles and Practices of Internally Assuring the Quality of Assessment
- Internally Assure the Quality of Assessment
- Plan, Allocate and Monitor Work in Own Area of Responsibility
The qualification is designed for learners aged 19 and above. There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for these qualifications. However, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 3 qualification.