BA (Hons) Degree Joint Programme – Education Pathway (Fully Funded)
The BA Honours fully funded top-up degree courses aim to provide an excellent opportunity to students looking to receive a degree while gaining practical skills in a teaching environment or for those students not able to go down the conventional route perhaps due to the cost of getting a degree.
What do I get from this course?
You will receive specialised tuition, taught by a dedicated team of British and Chinese teachers. You will study a range of education topics without the need to learn a second language. All the courses are taught and assessed in English. In addition, you will be fully sponsored throughout the programme and receive support with the university application process.
All candidates need to:
- Be a native English language speaker aged 19 or over
- Have a total of 120 credits at level 4 (or equivalent) in a related subject
- Hold GCSEs in English and Mathematics minimum C grade, or equivalent qualification (reformed GCSEs grade 4 or above)
- Work in an educational setting for the duration of the course
- Have a successful Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check (i.e. a police background check) and Occupational Health check. Note: the Enhanced DBS check will be undertaken as part of the application process on your behalf and will need to be paid for by you.
Aims of the course
These are to:
- Provide you with knowledge, understanding and skills relating to teaching, learning and assessment in education and training
- Enable you to gain knowledge, understanding and skills relating to developing teaching, learning and assessment in education and training
- Enable learners to apply theories of behaviour management in creating and maintaining an inclusive learning environment
- Learn advanced models in child development and childcare
- Increase your understanding of policy development while undertaking appropriate practices working with children
- Develop your leadership knowledge and skills to assess the quality of Early Years practice
- Allow you to engage with current issues and debates relevant to childhood studies
The structure of the course is as follows:
1st Year (Full-time Programme)
- Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training – online with APeducation Online
- Undertake a school placement in China organised by Zhengzhou Normal University
- China BA (top-up) Course in Education Studies
- Continue to undertake a school placement in China organised by Zhengzhou Normal University
- UK BA (top-up) Course in Education Studies
- UK university will be based on those that have an agreement with Zhengzhou Normal University
- No teaching placement is required
How the course is delivered
Level 5 Diploma
This will be delivered via a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) which provides access to case studies, learning materials and activities, presentations and web links. Online UK tutor support and guidance is provided throughout the course, where you can interact with your tutor, get feedback on your progress and submit your work electronically. This helps you to build the relevant skills progressively, as you receive feedback and support from your UK tutor during this time. As the course is delivered online, this enables you to study any time, any place through immediate access to VLE.
BA (Hons) Top-up Course
You will study the subjects associated with education in a real working environment. You will gain a national and international perspective of education, explore and research social justice, policy, equality and diversity, teaching methodology, transnational education and current education issues.