Level 2 Diploma in Team Leading
This OFQUAL regulated qualification provides students with a wide range of knowledge and skills needed to work in a team leading role. The qualification provides students with a range of management and leadership skills, such as managing personal performance and development, contributing to meetings in a business environment, and leading and managing a team.
This qualification covers the skills and knowledge needed to be a successful team leader, covering competencies applicable to a wide range of contexts..
Aims of the Course
These are to:
- Provide students with the skills and knowledge required to successfully lead a team
- Develop students’ skills in communication, leadership and personal performance management
- Build students’ knowledge of the principles of team leading, as well as their understanding of business
- Develop team leading skills that can be relied upon by employers in a range of industries
- Provide students with the skills and knowledge needed to communicate with a range of stakeholders at different levels
To be awarded the NCFE Level 2 Diploma in Team Leading, students must achieve a minimum of 40 credits. This qualification consists of the following mandatory units:
- Manage personal performance and development
- Communicate work-related information
- Lead and manage a team
- Principles of team leading
- Understand business
How the Course is Delivered
The Diploma in Team Leading is delivered via a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) which provides access to case studies, learning materials and activities, presentations and web links. Online tutor support and guidance is provided throughout the course, where students can interact with the tutors, get feedback on their progress and submit their work electronically. This helps you to build the relevant skills progressively, as you receive feedback and support from your tutor during this time. As the course is delivered online, this enables students to study any time, any place through immediate access to VLE.
A mixture of assessments will be used – formal reports, presentations, research project, and examinations based upon a previously seen case study.