Level 3 Diploma in Management Skills and Knowledge
This OFQUAL regulated qualification provides provide the knowledge, understanding and skills required to work as a Team Leader/Supervisor. This qualification has been aligned to the Team Leader/Supervisor apprenticeship standard and could be used to support delivery of the apprenticeship.
This qualification may be eligible for funding. For further guidance on funding, please contact your local funding provider.
Aims of the Course
These are to:
- Provide students with the knowledge and skills of management within different occupational areas
- Confirm competence of those already fulfilling a managerial role
- Allow students to demonstrate the skills, knowledge and behaviours they will need to operate as a successful Team Leader/Supervisor
- Enable students to develop skills and knowledge in a range of areas relevant to their role, such as leading and managing people, building relationships and communication, operational and project management, finance and personal effectiveness
To be awarded the NCFE Level 3 Diploma in Management Skills and Knowledge, are required to successfully complete 9 mandatory units. Mandatory units are:
- Leading people
- Managing people
- Building relationships
- Operational management
- Project management
- Managing finance
- Self-awareness and continuous development
- Decision making
How the Course is Delivered
The Level 3 Diploma in Management Skills and Knowledge is delivered via a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) which provides access to case studies, learning materials and activities, presentations and web links. Online tutor support and guidance is provided throughout the course, where students can interact with the tutors, get feedback on their progress and submit their work electronically. This helps you to build the relevant skills progressively, as you receive feedback and support from your tutor during this time. As the course is delivered online, this enables students to study any time, any place through immediate access to VLE.
A mixture of assessments will be used – formal reports, presentations, research project, and examinations based upon a previously seen case study.