Level 1 Certificate in Exploring the Aviation Industry
This qualification is designed to develop knowledge and understanding of airline operations and aviation operations on the ground. Learners will understand the importance of health, safety and security procedures in the aviation industry and be introduced to the different terminology used. The qualification focuses on the development of skills and knowledge to support working in the aviation industry. This qualification provides the knowledge and understanding to support progression to the next level of vocational learning.
This qualification will:
- Focus on the study of the aviation industry
- Offer breadth and depth of study, incorporating a key core of knowledge
- Introduce different terminology for the aviation industry
- Understand how to deal with customer complaints and incidents
- Provide opportunities to acquire a number of practical and technical skills
Aims of the course
These are to:
- Understanding the aviation industry
- Develop knowledge of airline operations and aviation operations on the ground
- Understand health, safety and security procedures in the aviation industry
- Learn terminology used in the aviation industry
- Identify airports locations and the key types of flights (scheduled, charter etc) handled by the airports
- Deal effectively with customer complaints and incidents.
- Prepare individuals for entry to employment in the aviation industry
While completing this qualification, learners may develop the knowledge, understanding and essential skills employers look for in employees. These range from familiar ‘key skills’ such as team working, independent learning and problem-solving, to more tricky-to-measure skills such as:
- An appreciation for appropriate behaviour and dress
- Appropriate interpersonal skills
- Communicating with professional colleagues/peers and/or hierarchical seniors
- Supporting other aspiring employees
- Personal manners and deportment
- Understanding work practices and how different roles and departments function within an organisation.
To be awarded the NCFE Level 1 Certificate in Exploring the Aviation Industry, learners are required to successfully complete 6 mandatory units.
- The aviation industry
- Aviation terminology
- Airport locational geography
- Customer service in aviation
- Teamwork in the aviation industry
- Preparation for entry to employment in the aviation industry
How the course is delivered
This Level 1 Certificate in Exploring the Aviation Industry is delivered via blended learning. Learners also get full access to a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) which provides access to case studies, learning materials and activities, presentations and web links. Online tutor support and guidance is provided throughout the course, where learners can interact with the tutors, get feedback on their progress and submit your work electronically. Face to face interactions will be conducted through video sessions or within the classroom environment.