Level 3 Certificate in Policing
This qualification aims to provide you with an understanding of the principles of the police service and will allow you to explore various areas of work within it. You will develop transferable skills that can be used in the workplace or applied in further study.
The main objective of the qualification is to allow learners to progress towards the entry requirements of the police service or further study.
Aims of the course
These are to:
- Provide informed and prepared potential recruits
- Provide opportunity to investigate career opportunities in the police service
- Allow learners to progress to employment, further study and towards the entry qualifications and requirements of the police service
- Develop an understanding of the personal commitment and fitness requirements needed to be employed in policing
- Provide an opportunity to understand and develop the skills and qualities needed to work in the police service
The units for this programme have been selected to offer learners the best opportunities for progression both academically and professionally. In order to achieve the Level 3 Certificate in Policing learners must complete 3 mandatory units plus 3 optional units.
Mandatory units are:
- Prepare for a career in the police service
- Develop leadership skills
- Equality, diversity and inclusion
Learners will be provided with a list of optional units at the time of enrolment to choose from. Learners need to choose 3 optional units to successfully complete this qualification.
How the course is delivered
This Level 3 Certificate in Policing is delivered via a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) which provides access to case studies, learning materials and activities, presentations and web links. Online tutor support and guidance is provided throughout the course, where learners can interact with the tutors, get feedback on their progress and submit their work electronically. This helps you to build the relevant skills progressively, as you receive feedback and support from your tutor during this time. As the course is delivered online, this enables learners to study any time, any place through immediate access to VLE.
All units will be internally assessed using a range of methods. This could include direct observation within the workplace, a portfolio of evidence and written assignments.