Level 3 Diploma for Entry to the Uniformed Services (ambulance service)
This qualification would suit you if you are looking to develop your general knowledge and interpersonal skills over a one-year course to aid recruitment into the ambulance services, of which the selection process may be over a year.
Through this course students will also develop skills such as teamwork, leadership, employability skills, conflict management, emergency planning etc. Students will also be involved in outdoor training.
This qualification will also help you if you want to progress into higher education, as it holds UCAS points, ultimately leading you into employment.
Aims of the course
These are to:
- Provide and understand career opportunities within ambulance services
- Identify personal development required to apply for entry into ambulance services
- Understand the impact of major incidents
- Understand the impact that war and conflict can have on UK non-military uniformed services
- Prepare potential candidates for an entry process for ambulance services
- Demonstrate the skills and knowledge required to manage an emergency situation scenario
- Understand components of health and wellbeing that contribute to physical fitness
- Understand authority in the ambulance services
- Understand the meaning of equality, diversity and inclusion
- Undertake risk assessments in water-based outdoor and adventurous activities
This qualification consists of 4 mandatory units and 8 optional units.
Mandatory units are:
- Prepare for a career in ambulance services
- Develop aspects of physical fitness for entry to the ambulance services
- Develop leadership skills
- Equality, diversity and inclusion
Learners can choose 8 optional units once they enroll on the course.
How the course is delivered
The course is delivered via a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) which provides access to case studies, learning materials and activities, presentations and web links. Online tutor support and guidance is provided throughout the course, where learners can interact with the tutors, get feedback on their progress and submit their work electronically. This helps you to build relevant skills progressively, as you receive feedback and support from your tutor. As the course is delivered online, this enables you to learn any time, any place through immediate access to VLE. Face to face interactions will be conducted through video sessions
All units will be internally assessed using a range of methods. This could include direct observation within the workplace, a portfolio of evidence and written assignments.