Level 3 Introductory Certificate for Entry to the Uniformed Services (firefighting)
This qualification provides an introduction to the career opportunities in the emergency services as well as providing optional units to enhance your knowledge and skills. This qualification would suit you if you are looking to develop general knowledge and interpersonal skills over a short period of time to aid recruitment into the firefighting services. This qualification also holds UCAS points.
Aims of the course
These are to:
- Provide and understand career opportunities within uniformed services
- Enable learners to identify personal development required to apply for entry into their chosen uniformed service.
- Prepare potential candidates for an entry process for a chosen uniformed service
- Enable learners to evaluate own performance following an entry process
This qualification consists of 1 mandatory unit and 2 optional units.
Mandatory units are:
- Prepare for a career in a chosen uniformed service
Learners can choose 2 optional units once they enroll on the course.
How the course is delivered
The course is delivered via a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) which provides access to case studies, learning materials and activities, presentations and web links. Online tutor support and guidance is provided throughout the course, where learners can interact with the tutors, get feedback on their progress and submit their work electronically. This helps you to build relevant skills progressively, as you receive feedback and support from your tutor. As the course is delivered online, this enables you to learn any time, any place through immediate access to VLE. Face to face interactions will be conducted through video sessions
All units will be internally assessed using a range of methods. This could include direct observation within the workplace, a portfolio of evidence and written assignments.