Level 2 Diploma in Aviation
This qualification is designed to provide learners with an understanding of the principles of working within the aviation sector. The primary purpose of this qualification is to allow learners to progress to employment in the aviation industry. The secondary purpose is to allow learners to explore different aspects of the aviation industry before specialising.
This qualification will also allow learners to gain transferable skills that can be applied to the workplace or further study.
Aims of The Course
These are to:
- Explore risks, hazards and safety in an airport environment.
- Understand how to prevent and minimise risks and hazards airside
- Understand threats to security, security procedures and legislation
- Understand check-in procedures and how to process passenger travel documentation
- Loading and unloading methods used on aircraft
- Understand the purpose of aircraft marshalling, together with the dangers involved, equipment and checks when marshalling aircraft
While completing this qualification, learners may develop the knowledge, understanding and essential skills employers look for in employees. These range from familiar ‘key skills’ such as team working, independent learning and problem-solving, to more tricky-to-measure skills such as:
- An appreciation for appropriate behaviour and dress
- Appropriate interpersonal skills
- Communicating with professional colleagues/peers and/or hierarchical seniors
- Supporting other aspiring employees
- Personal manners and deportment
- Understanding work practices and how different roles and departments function within an organisation.
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Aviation, learners are required to successfully complete all 5 graded mandatory units and 2 optional non-graded units
- Health and safety in aviation
- Aviation security
- Aviation communication
- Customer service in aviation
- Problem solving in aviation
Optional Units could include:
- Check-in procedures and travel documentation
- Passenger baggage processing
- Ground service operations
- Loading and unloading of aircraft
- Aircraft marshalling
- Dangerous goods in aviation
How the Course is Delivered
This Level 2 Certificate in Aviation is delivered via blended learning. Learners also get full access to a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) which provides access to case studies, learning materials and activities, presentations and web links. Online tutor support and guidance is provided throughout the course, where learners can interact with the tutors, get feedback on their progress and submit your work electronically. Face to face interactions will be conducted through video sessions or within the classroom environment.