NCFE Level 1 Award in Music Technology
This Level 1 Award in Music Technology qualification provides the opportunity to gain a sound understanding of studio and broadcast technology whilst producing and recording sound sources. Learners will improve their communication and ICT skills when using the equipment and have the opportunity to learn the basic principles of music production software and its use to create music. The qualification also provides the opportunity for an introduction to DJ techniques, where learners will set up a DJ rig and use DJ equipment to demonstrate straightforward DJ mixing techniques.
Learners have the opportunity to develop a basic understanding of the values and principles which underpin all work in this sector, eg being able to work collaboratively with peers and guests from the music industry, team working skills, reflective learning, self-discipline, having a positive and cooperative attitude, self-assessment of strengths and weaknesses and self-improvement and development.
Aims of the Course
These are to:
- Provide an introduction to music technology and the recording process
- Provide an introduction to both the technical and performance attributes of music technology
- Develop an understanding of the music technology process
- Enable learners to progress into further study both at Level 1 and above
- Develop and use ICT (information and communication technology), communication, project management, time management and team working skills
- Provide an opportunity to develop creative and technical skills
- Increase learners’ awareness of the different aspects of music technology
This qualification consists of 3 mandatory units and 11 optional units.
- Assist with recording studio operations
- Use multi-track loop sequencing software
- DJ skills
Optional units can be selected once you enrol for the course.
How is the course delivered
This Level 1 Award in Music Technology is delivered via a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) which provides access to case studies, learning materials and activities, presentations and web links. Online tutor support and guidance is provided throughout the course, where learners can interact with the tutors, get feedback on their progress and submit their work electronically. This helps you to build the relevant skills progressively, as you receive feedback and support from your tutor during this time. Face to face interactions will be conducted through video sessions.