NCFE Level 1 Award in Photography
This OFQUAL regulated qualification is aimed at individuals wishing to develop a basic understanding of photographic processes and basic photography skills.
This qualification is designed for adult learners, although it’s suitable for a wide range of learners who wish to gain a basic understanding of photography.
This is an engaging qualification and suitable for learners with an interest in photography who are looking to return to learning or considering a change in career.
Aims of the Course
These are to:
- Enable learners to understand how to use a camera correctly and safely to take photographs
- Enable learners to review the quality of their final images
- Understand and be aware of legal and ethical considerations relating to photography
- Support learners to progress into employment in creative industries including photography, art and design, craft, animation and moving image production
This qualification consists of the following mandatory units:
- Use a camera to capture creative images (J/505/9151)
- Digital image manipulation
How the Course is Delivered
This course is delivered via a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) which provides access to case studies, learning materials and activities, presentations and web links. Online tutor support and guidance is provided throughout the course, where learners can interact with the tutors, get feedback on their progress and submit their work electronically. This helps you to build the relevant skills progressively, as you receive feedback and support from your tutor during this time.
Face to face interactions will be conducted through video sessions.
A mix of assessments will be used – portfolio of evidence, presentations.