NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Art and Design
This OFQUAL regulated qualification is designed for learners who wish to develop a range of skills and techniques essential for working in the art and design sector. It will also provide learners with an underpinning knowledge and the opportunity to develop your skills in art and design techniques. Learners will develop skills and techniques and use visual language and formal elements in art and design.
Learners will also be able to develop knowledge and understanding of the design process and the health and safety issues within art and design.
This qualification will:
- Focus on the study of art and design
- Offer breadth and depth of study, incorporating a key core of knowledge
- Provide opportunities to acquire a number of practical and technical skills
This qualification was developed in partnership with industry experts within the Art and Design sector and will provide you with a nationally recognised qualification in art and design.
Aims of the Course
These are to:
- Develop learners’ skills and techniques and use of visual language and formal elements in art and design
- Extend learners’ knowledge and understanding of the design process
- Extend learners’ understanding of health and safety issues relating to art and design
- Provide the opportunity for personal development
- Provide a basis for progression onto further study
- Enable learners to use raw materials, tools and equipment safely and competently
- Develop analytical and research skills
- Evaluate own work, developed ideas and learning through the design process
- Provide evidence of key skills attainment, where appropriate
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Art and Design, learners are required to successfully complete 3 mandatory units and 2 optional units.
- Investigate sources of ideas in art and design
- Explore and use art and design materials, techniques and visual language
- Produce final art and design work
Optional units could include:
- Working in the art and design industry
- Building an art and design portfolio
- 3D visual communication
- 2D visual communication
How the Course is Delivered
The Level 2 Certificate in Art and Design is delivered via a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) which provides access to learning materials, presentations and web links. Online tutor support and guidance is provided throughout the course, where learners can interact with the tutors, get feedback on their progress and submit their work electronically. This helps you to build the relevant skills progressively, as you receive feedback and support from your tutor during this time.
Face to face interactions will be conducted through video sessions.
A mix of assessments will be used – portfolio of evidence, presentations.