NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Music Technology
The Level 2 Certificate in Music Technology is an ideal qualification for learners who wish to develop their underpinning knowledge of the processes and principles of music production. This qualification provides learners with a good insight into the skills and knowledge they require, not only for working in the music industry, but also for employment in general. This qualification will enable learners to focus on the study of music technology within the arts, media and publishing sector and provide opportunities to acquire a number of practical and technical skills.
Level 2 Certificate in Music Technology is supported by Creative and Cultural Skills, the Sector Skills Council for the Creative and Cultural Industries.
Aims of the Course
These are to:
- Develop skills in music technology and the recording process
- Develop technical skills using music technology
- Enable learners to perform using music technology
- Enable learners to progress to further study both at level 2 and above
- Develop and use ICT, communication, project management, time management and team working skills
- Provide an opportunity to develop creative and technical skills
- Increase learners’ awareness of the different aspects of music technology and using various software
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Music Technology, learners are required to successfully complete 2 mandatory units and 2 optional units.
- Set up and operate audio/MIDI sequencing software
- Create music using audio/MIDI sequencing software
Learners can choose 2 optional units. Optional units are:
- Multi-track audio recording
- Use multi-track sound mixing techniques
- Using DJ skills
- Dance music production
- Audio editing
- Sound and music production
- Sound effects techniques for music production
- Microphone use in music production
- Location recording
How is the Course Delivered
This Level 2 Certificate in Music Technology is delivered via a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) which provides access to case studies, learning materials and activities, presentations and web links. Online tutor support and guidance is provided throughout the course, where learners can interact with the tutors, get feedback on their progress and submit their work electronically. This helps you to build the relevant skills progressively, as you receive feedback and support from your tutor during this time. Face to face interactions will be conducted through video sessions.