Professional Development Award in Managing Self and Others – Advanced
This course covers managing personal effectiveness and managing others which are two key aspects of managerial work. Its main purpose, therefore, is to enable you to review and reflect on your current situation in terms of your managerial situation and relate this to people management skills which are a critical aspect of successful management.
However, Managing Self and Others at higher level has a much deeper and stronger focus on self-management, working with people and managing others. You will develop inter-personal skills in assertiveness, negotiation and conflict resolution, which should help you become more effective in dealing with people, especially in a managerial role. Additionally you will be successfully able to devise, implement and evaluate an Action Plan to address the development needs and enhance your personal effectiveness.
How will this course benefit me
This course will:
- Audit your personal effectiveness strengths and development needs
- Operate more effectively when managing others as well as a basis on which to plan future management development
- Devise, implement and evaluate an action plan to address development needs and personal effectiveness, including stress management
- Evaluate the recruitment and selection of people
- Use a range of inter-personal skills such as assertiveness more effectively
- Gain an accredited qualification and an ideal CPD recognition