Professional Development Award in Project Management
This project management qualification equips you with the practical project management skills and knowledge required for successful project design and implementation in current and future employment.
You will begin by developing a project proposal including an outline project plan. You will then create an approved business case for this project which demonstrates its fit with your organisation’s business objectives and its viability based on the appraisal of a number of possible options.
Following this you will gain the practical skills and knowledge required to run and manage the implementation of a planned and approved project. The resultant skills will enable you to manage and control project resources including project relationships and the budget within the context of efficient management of risk and change.
This course will be beneficial to individuals from any discipline in any occupational sectors who wish to improve their ability, confidence and employability in project management roles. You may be an expert in your field of operation, working in the public, private or voluntary sector and looking for an accredited project management qualification.
It will be especially useful to you if you belong to one of the following sectors:
Healthcare, Nursing, Management, Manufacturing/Production, Charity/Voluntary, Retail, Financial, and Research.
How will this course benefit me
This project management course provides you with a structured and standardised approach for managing projects. It will give you the knowledge and skills to:
- Justify the need for a project and define its scope and objectives within a project business case
- Apply project planning techniques to manage tasks, resources and delivery of outputs
- Apply recognised budgetary principles to the estimation, analysis and control of a project budget
- Propose and implement appropriate project processes, reporting and record keeping arrangements
- Communicate effectively with a project team and other stakeholders
- Prepare and update project management documentation throughout the life of a project
- Monitor and evaluate the success of a project