Professional Development Award in Quality
The overall aims of the Professional Development Award in Quality are to develop an understanding of the field of Total Quality. We want you to appreciate the holistic nature of Quality Assurance, Quality Management Systems, Quality Management and Quality Improvement. We aim to furnish you with the skills to practice effectively in the field of Quality.
This qualification is designed for candidates who want to enter into or progress within quality related positions in a range of organisations across all sectors at supervisory or managerial level. It has a heavy focus on developing a candidate’s soft management skills and their ability to apply their knowledge to the relevant business environment.
This qualification has been developed through rigorous research involving employers, centres, universities and current holders of the awards. They contain valuable knowledge and skills that are at the forefront of current practices in leading organisations.
Aims of this course
These are to:
- Develop an understanding of the field of Total Quality
- Develop an understanding of the holistic nature of quality and thus the scope for quality improvement
- Develop understanding of the principles of quality assurance
- Develop understanding of the principles of quality systems
- Develop understanding of the implementation of quality management
- Develop transferable skills such as core skills and soft management skills to the levels demanded by employers
- Develop the communication and analytical skills necessary to understand the process of quality auditing, assessment and problem solving
- Prepare candidates for employment in quality-related posts at supervisory/junior managerial level, eg Quality Inspector, Technician or Systems Officer
- Develop a range of contemporary vocational skills relating to the establishment, maintenance and improvement of quality within organisations
Target Client Group
The PDA in Quality is suitable for a wide range of candidates including:
- Adult returners to education
- Candidates in employment in quality related positions who wish to enhance their career prospects
- Candidates in employment who wish to move into quality-related fields
Learners will study 5 units over 8 months. The units for this programme have been selected to offer learners the best opportunities for progression, both academically and professionally.
- Fundamentals of Quality
- Management of Quality
- Measurement of Quality
- Quality Improvement
- Production of an Integrated Quality, Environmental and Health and Safety Systems Policy Manual
Mode of learning
The PDA in Quality is delivered via a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) which provides access to case studies, learning materials and activities, and web links. Online tutor support and guidance is provided throughout the course, where learners can interact with the tutors, get feedback on their progress and submit their work electronically. This helps you to build the relevant skills progressively, as you receive feedback and support from your tutor during this time. As the course is delivered online, this enables learners to study any time, any place through immediate access to VLE.
A mix of assessments – Reports, case-studies, closed-book and open-book examinations