Food Hygiene for the Hospitality Industry (Intermediate)
This certification enables you to develop a basic understanding and competence in hygienic food handling practice. You will learn the role of food safety management systems based on HACCP.
What you will learn
- Identify the dangers and effects of contamination of food.
- Identify the four food safety hazards and unhygienic practices which affect food or can lead to food poisoning.
- Identify how effective design of premises and equipment is important to facilitate good hygiene practices and to conform to the law.
- Demonstrate appropriate personal hygiene and food handling practices during practical situations.
What you will gain from this certification
- Academic credits
- A nationally-recognised qualification certificated by SQA at Level 4
- Progression into higher level food hygiene qualifications
New starters and adult learners with appropriate prior experience in the hospitality industry
Mode of study
Combination of online training and work-based assessments
15 hours[linkbutton]Interested in finding out more?[/linkbutton]