Food Hygiene for the Hospitality Industry (Higher)
This certification enables you to demonstrate an understanding of the principles of elementary food hygiene. You will also gain an understanding of principles of food safety management systems (HACCP) and other systems based on HACCP, and the law that relates to all aspects of food business operations.
What you will learn
- Demonstrate an understanding of food safety management systems based on HACCP principles, the dangers of food contamination, the main causes of food related illnesses and their prevention.
- Demonstrate an understanding of food poisoning and food borne diseases, non-bacterial food poisoning and food allergens.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and use appropriate measures to prevent food poisoning.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the current food safety legislation.
What you will gain from this certification
- Academic credits
- A nationally-recognised qualification certificated by SQA at Level 5
- Progression into higher level food hygiene qualifications
Food and Beverage staff, new starters and adult learners with appropriate prior experience in the hospitality industry
Mode of study
Combination of online training and work-based assessments
20 hours[linkbutton]Interested in finding out more?[/linkbutton]