Diploma in Management and Leadership
The Diploma in Management and Leadership is designed for candidates who want to enter into more senior management and leadership positions in a wide range of organisations. It is also intended for experienced managers and/or leaders seeking a nationally/internationally recognised qualification.
Aims of the course
These are to:
- Develop a range of operational management and leadership competences required by employers of those engaged in or aspiring to managerial positions
- Enhance employment opportunities in operational management roles
- Utilise personal and teamwork competences for effective self-performance and the performance of the team and organisation
- Apply leadership skills in a range of management activities
- Respond to the environment in which the organisation operates
- Provide suitable strategic competences for future career and personal development in the performance of managerial duties
- Use strategic management and leadership skills for the long term direction of an organisation in a range of management functions
- Focus, plan and implement strategic change within an organisation
- Progress to further studies and professional qualifications in management or related disciplines
- Enable candidates to pursue an advanced level of management and leadership learning, knowledge acquisition and attainment of transferable skills
- Provide pathways to higher education programmes in management and related subjects such as Business
The units for this programme have been selected to offer learners the best opportunities for progression, both academically and professionally.
- Developing Self-Management Skills
- Leadership at Work
- Plan, Lead and Implement Change
- Managing and Working with People
- Manage Operational Resources
- Creating a Culture of Customer Care
- Management and Leadership: Graded Unit 1
- Managing People
- Organisational Leadership and Development
- Develop Strategic Plans
- Strategic Change
- Management Research
- Marketing: An Introduction
- Decision Making for Managers
How the course is delivered
The Diploma is delivered via a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) which provides access to case studies, learning materials and activities, presentations and web links. Online tutor support and guidance is provided throughout the course, where learners can interact with the tutors, get feedback on their progress and submit their work electronically. This helps you to build the relevant skills progressively, as you receive feedback and support from their tutor during this time. As the course is delivered online, this enables learners to study any time, any place through immediate access to VLE.
A mixture of assessments will be used – formal reports, presentations, research project, and examinations based upon a previously seen case study.