Level 4 Certificate in Leadership and Management
The Level 4 Certificate in Leadership and Management is designed to provide the underpinning knowledge to support those in leadership and management roles and focuses on the study of leadership and management to support different occupational areas.
This qualification also allows learners to develop knowledge and understanding in a range of areas relevant to managerial roles, such as managing resources and budgets, recruitment and selection, and stakeholder engagement. It will form the knowledge-based component of the Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship in Management and will complement the existing Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Management which forms the skills-based element of the Apprenticeship.
Aims of the course
These are to:
- Provide learners with the skills they need to operate as a successful manager
- Allows learners to develop knowledge and understanding in a range of areas relevant to managerial roles, such as managing resources and budgets, recruitment and selection, and stakeholder engagement
- Develop a range of management and leadership skills and competences required by employers
- Develop the knowledge and qualities valued in employees by employers
- Enhance employment opportunities in management and leadership roles
- Progress to further studies and professional qualifications in management or related disciplines
- Enable candidates to pursue an advanced level of management learning, knowledge acquisition and attainment of transferable skills
The units for this programme have been selected to offer learners the best opportunities for progression, both academically and professionally:
- Principles of building respectful and productive working relationships in organisations
- Managing personal and professional development
- Principles of management and leadership in organisations
- Operational and human resource planning and management
- Understanding organisational structure, culture and values
- Principles of business strategic planning and development
- Principles of innovation and change management
Additional Optional Units are also available
How the course is delivered
The Level 4 Certificate in Leadership and Management is delivered via a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) which provides access to case studies, learning materials and activities, presentations and web links. Online tutor support and guidance is provided throughout the course, where learners can interact with the tutors, get feedback on their progress and submit their work electronically. This helps you to build the relevant skills progressively, as you receive feedback and support from their tutor during this time. As the course is delivered online, this enables learners to study any time, any place through immediate access to VLE.
For classroom please contact us for dates.
A mixture of assessments will be used – formal reports, presentations, research project, and examinations based upon a previously seen case study.