Level 5 Diploma in Management Skills and Knowledge
The Diploma in Management Skills and Knowledge is designed for students working as an operations/departmental manager with responsibility for planning, delivering and achieving departmental goals and objectives. It also allows learners to focus on the study of management within different occupational areas.
Aims of the Course
These are to:
- Develop a range of operational management skills and competences required by employers of those engaged in or aspiring to managerial positions
- Demonstrate the skills, knowledge and behaviours they will need to operate as a successful operations/departmental manager
- Develop higher level skills and knowledge in a range of areas relevant to managerial roles, such as leading, influencing and managing people, building relationships and communication, operational and project management, finance and personal effectiveness.
- Enhance employment opportunities in operational management roles
- Progress to further studies and professional qualifications in management or related disciplines
- Enable students to pursue an advanced level of management learning, knowledge acquisition and attainment of transferable skills
- Provide pathways to higher education programmes in Management and related subjects such as Business
The units for this programme have been selected to offer learners the best opportunities for progression, both academically and professionally.
- Operational management
- Project management
- Managing finance
- Leading and managing people
- Building relationships
- Self-awareness and continuous development
- Decision making
How the Course is Delivered
The Diploma in Management Skills and Knowledge is delivered via a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) which provides access to case studies, learning materials and activities, presentations and web links. Online tutor support and guidance is provided throughout the course, where learners can interact with the tutors, get feedback on their progress and submit their work electronically. This helps you to build the relevant skills progressively, as you receive feedback and support from your tutor during this time. As the course is delivered online, this enables learners to study any time, any place through immediate access to VLE.
A mixture of assessments will be used – formal reports, presentations, research project, and examinations based upon a previously seen case study.