Level 5 Diploma in Principles of Management and Leadership
The Level 5 Diploma in Principles of Management and Leadership is designed to recognise skills and knowledge in management and leadership, allowing learners to apply knowledge and skill to the national standard required by employers and proving competence in their role.
This qualification is also suitable for candidates who are working as team leaders and junior managers across different sectors. This qualification focuses on developing management, leadership and employability skills essential for the workplace.
Aims of the course
These are to:
- Develop a range of management and leadership skills and competences required by employers.
- Understand the need for innovation and change within an organisation, and how an organisation’s culture can promote innovation.
- Understand a range of concepts, tools and models used to manage business activities, including customer orientation and project management techniques.
- Enhance employment opportunities in management and leadership roles
- Progress to further studies and professional qualifications in management or related disciplines
- Enable candidates to pursue an advanced level of management learning, knowledge acquisition and attainment of transferable skills
The units for this programme have been selected to offer learners the best opportunities for progression, both academically and professionally:
- Principles of management and leadership
- Management of change
- Personal development
- Marketing principles for managers
- Management decision making
- Leadership in your organisation
- Customer relationship management
- Managing projects
- Managing budgets
- Principles of strategic management
- Managing innovation in an organisation
How the course is delivered
The Diploma in Principles of Management and Leadership is delivered via a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) which provides access to case studies, learning materials and activities, presentations and web links. Online tutor support and guidance is provided throughout the course, where learners can interact with the tutors, get feedback on their progress and submit their work electronically. This helps you to build the relevant skills progressively, as you receive feedback and support from your tutor during this time. As the course is delivered online, this enables learners to study any time, any place through immediate access to VLE.
For classroom please contact us for dates.
A mixture of assessments will be used – formal reports, presentations, research project, and examinations based upon a previously seen case study.