Level 2 Certificate in Health and Social Care
This OFQUAL regulated qualification provide learners with knowledge and understanding of core subject areas in health and social care to support progression to further learning or the workplace.
Upon achievement of this qualification, learners will be able to progress onto our Level 2 Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care. The Certificate supports progression to further learning, or to employment within the health and social care sector..
Aims of the course
These are to:
- Equip learners with types and functions of provision within health and social care
- Understand legislation, frameworks, policies, procedures and codes of practice.
- Understand roles and responsibilities of health and social care practitioners.
- Understand and demonstrate care values.
- Gain knowledge about human growth and development through the life span.
- Gain understanding of health, well-being and care needs.
- Develop knowledge of health and social care priorities.
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Health and Social Care learners are required to successfully Learners must achieve the unit assessments for the 3 mandatory units:
Unit 1 – Equality, diversity and rights in health and social care
Unit 2 – Human growth and development
Unit 3 – Safeguarding and protection in health and social care
Placement in a Real Work Environment
Assessment in the workplace is not required for this qualification. However, its encouraged to that learners apply knowledge to practice, receive feedback, and reflect on their own experience.
How the course is delivered
This Level 2 Certificate in Health and Social Care is delivered via blended learning. Learners also get full access to online Learning Environment (VLE) which provides access to case studies, learning materials and activities, presentations, and web links. Online tutor support and guidance is provided throughout the course, where learners can interact with the tutors, get feedback on their progress and submit their work electronically. Face to face interactions will be conducted through video sessions or within the classroom environment.
All units will be internally assessed using a range of methods. This could include direct observation, a portfolio of evidence and written assignments.
Opportunities for progression
Upon achievement of this qualification, learners will be able to progress to the Level 2 Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care. The Certificate supports progression to further learning at Level 3 and above.
Job roles you can apply for on completion
- care support workers in adult residential settings
- healthcare assistants in community, primary care and acute health environments
- care support workers in domiciliary services, supported living or day services
- community-based support workers
This qualification is designed for learners aged 16 or above and should have an appropriate level of skill in the English language, numeracy, literacy and ICT.