RSL Level 2 Certificate in the Creative Music Industry (Entrepreneurship)
This OFQUAL regulated qualification will enable learners to gain knowledge of the music business and preparing them to pursue a career that rewards creativity and business know-how with impressive results
Learners will develop a Sound business, marketing and financial skills. You will also gain understanding of contracts and copyright, freelance practice and contextual issues relating to the music business and the wider music industry.
Aims of the course
These are to:
- Identify the key entrepreneurial skills required for a music business startup and how to communicate a new business proposition. .
- Identify a market opportunity for a new business and research and evidence a business case to demonstrate its viability
- Understand revenue streams within the UK music industry by focusing on generating income from royalties.
- Explore the mechanisms for the collection and distribution of royalties, the main organisations involved in this area of the music industry and how this knowledge may be applied to generating income from learners’ own musical activity.
- Create a social media (Content) Strategy
- Understand of the publishing process and its use and application within the UK music industry
- Understand how copyright of original works can be exploited to create revenue, with an understanding of the diversity of the marketplace in publishing music and the different organisations and companies
While completing this qualification, learners may develop the knowledge, understanding and essential skills employers look for in employees. These range from familiar ‘key skills’ such as independent enquirers, Creative thinkers, Reflective learners, Team workers, Self-managers, Effective participators.
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in the Creative Music Industry (Entrepreneurship) learners are required to successfully complete all the units below:
- Unit 1: Earning Money in the Music Industry
- Unit 2: Music Marketing and Promotion
- Unit 3: How the Music Industry Works
- Unit 4: Selling Music
- Unit 5: Creating a Social Media Strategy
- Unit 6: Managing a Social Media Campaign
Optional Units are also available for develop additional skills
How the course is delivered
This Level 2 Certificate in the Creative Music Industry (Entrepreneurship) is delivered via blended learning. Learners also get full access to online Learning Environment (VLE) which provides access to case studies, learning materials and activities, presentations, and web links. Online tutor support and guidance is provided throughout the course, where learners can interact with the tutors, get feedback on their progress and submit their work electronically. Face to face interactions will be conducted through video sessions or within the classroom environment.
This qualification is designed for learners aged 16-18 who wish to develop skills and within the creative music industry. This qualification would suit learners that are interested in progressing onto further study or starting a career in the industry.