RSL Level 2 Certificate in the Creative Music Industry (Performance)
This OFQUAL regulated qualification provides an insight into creative music industry through performance., allowing learners to develop knowledge and understanding of key aspects of performance and careers within the music industry.
The purpose of the course is to provide learners with an opportunity to undertake performance appropriate to a defined environment and develop skills for employment and further study. Learners may use this as an opportunity to develop innovative approaches to developing technical or musical knowledge and skill.
Aims of the course
These are to:
- Demonstrate the skills to rehearse for a specific music performance.
- Demonstrate the skills to perform music in a live environment.
- Know how to use DAW software to create a music project
- Demonstrate the skills to compose a set of finished original music.
- Describe their creative processes and review the success of their compositions.
- Demonstrate the skills to perform in a music video
- Perform in the video shoot
While completing this qualification, learners may develop the knowledge, understanding and essential skills employers look for in employees. These range from familiar ‘key skills’ such as Independent enquirers, Creative thinkers, Reflective learners, Team workers, Self-managers, Effective participators.
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in the Creative Music Industry (Performance) learners are required to successfully complete all the units below:
- Unit 1: Rehearsing Music
- Unit 2: Performing Music Live
- Unit 3: Music Sequencing and Production
- Unit 4: Solo Music Composition
- Unit 5: DJ Skills
- Unit 6: Performing Music to Camera
Optional Units are also available for develop additional skills
How the course is delivered
This Level 2 Certificate in the Creative Music Industry (Performance) is delivered via blended learning. Learners also get full access to online Learning Environment (VLE) which provides access to case studies, learning materials and activities, presentations, and web links. Online tutor support and guidance is provided throughout the course, where learners can interact with the tutors, get feedback on their progress and submit their work electronically. Face to face interactions will be conducted through video sessions or within the classroom environment.
This qualification is designed for learners aged 16-18 who wish to develop skills and within the creative music industry. This qualification would suit learners that are interested in progressing onto further study or starting a career in the industry.