RSL Level 2 Certificate in the Creative Music Industry (Production)
This OFQUAL regulated qualification will enable learners to professionally capture audio and visual at the highest quality whilst creatively treating it for its desired output is paramount.
This qualification will also enable learners to produce their own music video and develop knowledge and understanding of key aspects of digital mixing, podcast and production. Learners completing this qualification will be able to professionalise their practice and hone their skills.
Aims of the course
These are to:
- Develop learners’ skills in planning for and recording a live performance and to underpin the skills needed in multitrack recording
- Plan and record a piece of music in a studio or live situation
- Roles involved in organising and staging a small music event and the skills required to carry out those roles effectively.
- Contribute to the organisation of a defined music event
- Develop the learner’s technical skills in the operation of DJ equipment and to help develop their musicality in the performance of a cohesive DJ mix.
- Demonstrate the skills to rehearse for a specific music performance.
- Demonstrate the skills to perform music in a live environment.
While completing this qualification, learners may develop the knowledge, understanding and essential skills employers look for in employees. These range from familiar ‘key skills’ such as independent enquirers, Creative thinkers, Reflective learners, Team workers, Self-managers, Effective participators.
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in the Creative Music Industry (Production) learners are required to successfully complete all the units below:
- Unit 1: Recording Sound
- Unit 2: Music Sequencing and Production
- Unit 3: Organising a Music Event
- Unit 4: Music Marketing and Promotion
- Unit 5: Performing Music to Camera
- Unit 6: DJ Skills
Optional Units are also available for develop additional skills
How the course is delivered
This Level 2 Certificate in the Creative Music Industry (Production) is delivered via blended learning. Learners also get full access to online Learning Environment (VLE) which provides access to case studies, learning materials and activities, presentations, and web links. Online tutor support and guidance is provided throughout the course, where learners can interact with the tutors, get feedback on their progress and submit their work electronically. Face to face interactions will be conducted through video sessions or within the classroom environment.
This qualification is designed for learners aged 16-18 who wish to develop skills and within the creative music industry. This qualification would suit learners that are interested in progressing onto further study or starting a career in the industry.