Level 3 Diploma in the Creative Music Industry (Performance)
This OFQUAL regulated qualification will enable learners to refine learners’ live performance skills and to develop their capacity to take ownership of the entire performance process.
You will develop knowledge and skills required to perform effectively in a recording studio environment, engendering confidence and professionalism within this field. You will be provided with a range of opportunities to understand processes behind performance for recording and put them into practice in a realistic, recording studio environment.
Learners will develop a Sound knowledge of solo composition and performing music with technology. You will also gain understanding of contracts and copyright and contextual issues relating to the music business and the wider music industry.
Aims of the course
These are to:
- Demonstrate the skills to perform repertoire in a live environment
- Undertake the live music performance relevant to the plan created
- Record sound sources and edit recordings using digital audio recording equipment.
- Plan the recording process and recording instruments and voices, and to develop skills to edit audio samples for future use.
- Demonstrate the skills to collaborate with a second party to create complete original repertoire for
- specified musical destinations
- Understand of the publishing process and its use and application within the UK music industry
- Understand how copyright of original works can be exploited to create revenue, with an understanding of the diversity of the marketplace in publishing music and the different organisations and companies
- Enhance the development of the skills required to function effectively in future video productions
While completing this qualification, learners may develop the knowledge, understanding and essential skills employers look for in employees. These range from familiar ‘key skills’ such as independent enquirers, Creative thinkers, Reflective learners, Team workers, Self-managers, Effective participators.
You will also gain employability skills such as
- Team work
- Decision making
- Verbal and non-verbal communication
- Creative thinking
- Skill awareness
- Analytical skills
- Report writing
To be awarded the Level 3 Diploma in the Creative Music Industry (Performance) learners are required to successfully complete all the units below:
- Unit 1: Collaborative Project
- Unit 2: Rehearsing Music
- Unit 3: Performing Music Live
- Unit 4: Improving Instrumental Performance
- Unit 5: Digital Recording and Production
- Unit 6: Solo Music Composition
- Unit 7: Managing a Music Event
- Unit 8: Live Event Promotion
- Unit 9: Copyright and Music
- Unit 10: Performing Music to Camera
- Unit 11: Performing Music with Technology
Optional Units are also available for develop additional skills
How the course is delivered
This Level 3 Diploma in the Creative Music Industry (Performance) is delivered via blended learning. Learners also get full access to online Learning Environment (VLE) which provides access to case studies, learning materials and activities, presentations, and web links. Online tutor support and guidance is provided throughout the course, where learners can interact with the tutors, get feedback on their progress and submit their work electronically. Face to face interactions will be conducted through video sessions or within the classroom environment.
This qualification is designed for learners aged 16 and above who wish to develop skills and within the creative music industry. This qualification would suit learners that are interested in progressing onto further study or starting a career in the industry.