Level 3 Diploma in the Creative Music Industry (Production)
This OFQUAL regulated qualification will enable learners to professionally capture audio and visual at the highest quality whilst creatively treating it for its desired output is paramount.
This qualification will also enable learners to produce their own music video and develop knowledge and understanding of key aspects of digital mixing, podcast, analogue synthesis and production.
You will demonstrate the skills to lead a music making activity and digital synthesis through research and practical sound creation. You will develop knowledge and skills required to perform effectively in a recording studio environment, engendering confidence and professionalism within this field.
Learners will develop a sound knowledge of Producing a Music Video, Radio/Podcast Production and Digital Recording and Production. You will also gain understanding of copyright and contextual issues relating to the music business and the wider music industry including music promotion and live event promoting.
Aims of the course
These are to:
- Develop practical filmmaking skills, in the context of the music video.
- Demonstrate the skills to plan effectively for video production
- Explore the key considerations when creating a podcast or radio show and to develop learners’ skills in radio or podcast planning and production.
- Understand the function, operation and application of dynamic processors.
- Develop understanding of remixing in different styles
- Demonstrate the skills to create remixes of a given song using audio production processes.
- Understand how copyright of original works can be exploited to create revenue, with an understanding of the diversity of the marketplace in publishing music and the different organisations and companies
- Enhance the development of the skills required to function effectively in future video productions
- Develop understanding of copyright law, its application and its importance to the practitioner
- Demonstrate an understanding of music copyright in relation to their own musical work and associated creative output.
While completing this qualification, learners may develop the knowledge, understanding and essential skills employers look for in employees. These range from familiar ‘key skills’ such as independent enquirers, Creative thinkers, Reflective learners, Team workers, Self-managers, Effective participators.
You will also gain employability skills such as
- Team work
- Decision making
- Verbal and non-verbal communication
- Creative thinking
- Skill awareness
- Analytical skills
- Report writing
To be awarded the Level 3 Diploma in the Creative Music Industry (Performance) learners are required to successfully complete all the units below:
- Unit 1: Digital Recording and Production
- Unit 2: Studio Sound Mixing
- Unit 3: Recording Studio Sound
- Unit 4: Remixing and Production
- Unit 5: Producing a Music Video
- Unit 6: Managing a Music Event
- Unit 7: Live Event Promotion
- Unit 8: Music Promotion
- Unit 9: Copyright and Music
- Unit 10: Analogue Synthesis
- Unit 11: Using Dynamic Processors
- Unit 12: Producing a Music Video
- Unit 13: Using Equalisation
Optional Units are also available for develop additional skills
How the course is delivered
This Level 3 Diploma in the Creative Music Industry (Production) is delivered via blended learning. Learners also get full access to online Learning Environment (VLE) which provides access to case studies, learning materials and activities, presentations, and web links. Online tutor support and guidance is provided throughout the course, where learners can interact with the tutors, get feedback on their progress and submit their work electronically. Face to face interactions will be conducted through video sessions or within the classroom environment.
This qualification is designed for learners aged 16 and above who wish to develop skills and within the creative music industry. This qualification would suit learners that are interested in progressing onto further study or starting a career in the industry.