Management Accounting for Decision Making
This nationally accredited course is designed to enable candidates to provide and evaluate management accounting information which will enhance the quality of decision making in the short to medium term within the organisation.
This course is primarily intended for candidates who wish to take up a career or further study in management accounting. It is also relevant to those with appropriate work experience and who wish to formalise their accounting skills.
How will this course benefit me
On completion of the unit the candidate should be able to:
- Prepare a relevant cost and revenue statement to inform a specific management decision
- Apply marginal costing techniques to evaluate options
- Apply marginal costing techniques to provide information for short-run decisions
- Evaluate product mix decisions using limiting factor analysis
- Appraise capital investments