Level 3 Award in Education and Training
This OFQUAL regulated qualification prepares learners for employment within the teaching role and supports them to progress within the workplace. Level 3 Award in Education and Training is an introductory teaching qualification and replaces the Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS) qualification.
The qualification may be suitable for individuals currently working as assessors, teachers or those who wish to enter a teaching role. Achievement of the qualification doesn’t require practice other than microteaching unless units from the learning and development suite of qualifications are selected.
How this course will empower you
- Prepare learners for employment and support them to progress to a teaching role within the workplace
- Enable the learner to understand the role and responsibilities of a teacher in education and training
- Enable the learner to understand and use inclusive teaching and learning approaches to meet the needs of their learners
- Develop understanding of how to facilitate learning and development for individuals
- Understand group dynamics and facilitate learning and development in groups
- Understanding types and methods of assessment and how they are used in education and training
- Understanding assessment methods, principles and practices
- An ideal CPD recognition
How this course is structured
The Award in Education and Training qualification consists of 1 mandatory and 5 optional units:
- Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
- Understanding and using inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education and training
- Facilitate learning and development for individuals
- Facilitate learning and development in groups
- Understanding assessment in education and training
- Understanding the principles and practices of assessment
All trainee teachers joining this qualification programme should undertake an initial assessment of skills in English, Mathematics and ICT. They should record their development needs and, where applicable, agree an action plan to address them. If trainee teachers join the qualification programme having already undertaken an initial assessment of their English, Mathematics and ICT skills, their record of development needs and any previous actions taken to address them should be reviewed and updated as required.
There are no other nationally agreed entry requirements.
Learners will be asked to demonstrate or provide evidence that they meet the admission requirements and they must be 19 or over.
What kind of support do I get during the course?
- 24/7 online access to resources
- Practical exercises, short case studies and examples that will help you recognise different facets of education and training and prepare you for the final assessment
- A subject expert who will give you feedback on your formative assessments and report
- Access to library facilities for books, journals, whitepapers etc.