Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
This OFQUAL regulated qualification will provide learners with an understanding of the knowledge needed when working directly with children and young people in school environments. It includes learning about children and young people’s development, safeguarding their welfare and communication and professional relationships.
The Certificate is suitable for learners working in senior roles that support pupils’ learning in primary, secondary or special schools.
How this course will empower you
Completion of this qualification will equip you with the essential knowledge and skills required to work in an unsupervised support role within a school setting, for example:
- Planning and preparing for learning activities
- Using assessment strategies to promote learning
- Responding to challenging behaviour
- Managing risks to health, safety and security in a work setting and off-site visit
- An ideal CPD recognition
How this course is structured
The Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools consists of 11 units:
- Engage in Personal Development in Health, Social Care or Children’s and Young People’s Settings
- Schools as Organisations
- Promote Children and Young People’s Positive Behaviour
- Support Assessment for Learning
- Support Children and Young People’s Health and Safety
- Communication and Professional Relationships with Children, Young People and Adults
- Support Learning Activities
- Develop Professional Relationships with Children, Young People and Adults
- Understand Child and Young Person Development
- Promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in Work with Children and Young People
- Understand How to Safeguard the Wellbeing of Children and Young People
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification but learners will need to be at least 16 years of age.
Learners undertaking the Certificate will need to be working or volunteering in a school environment as they will need to show competence in both knowledge and skills.
What kind of support do I get during the course
- 24/7 online access to resources
- Practical exercises, short case studies and examples that will help you recognise different facets of education and training and prepare you for the final assessment
- A subject expert who will give you feedback on your formative assessments and report
- Access to library facilities for books, journals, whitepapers etc