Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training
This OFQUAL regulated qualification, Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training qualification prepares trainee teachers to teach in a range of contexts. There is a significant practice requirement as this qualification will assess and provide evidence of competence when undertaking teaching and/or training responsibilities.
The objective of this qualification is to confirm occupational competence in a teaching role within the workplace. Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to: Bachelor of Arts (BA) or Bachelor of Science (BSc) with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
The qualification may be suitable for:
- Individuals who are not currently teaching and training but who can meet the practice requirements, including the observed and assessed practice requirements of the qualification .
- Individuals who are currently teaching and training (including those who have just begun teaching and training) who can meet the practice requirements, including the observed and assessed practice requirements of the qualification .
- Individuals who are currently working as assessors and who wish to achieve a teaching qualification.
How this course will empower you
- Provide learners with knowledge, understanding and skills relating to teaching, learning and assessment in education and training
- Enable learners to gain knowledge, understanding and skills relating to developing teaching, learning and assessment in education and training
- Enable learners to apply theories of behaviour management in creating and maintaining an inclusive learning environment
- Provide learners opportunities to develop knowledge, understanding and skills relating to wider professional practice in education and training
- Enable Learners to understand the nature and purpose of action research, conducting action research and presenting the outcomes
- An ideal CPD recognition
How this course is structured
To be awarded the Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training qualification the learners are required to successfully complete 4 mandatory units:
- Teaching, learning and assessment in education and training
- Develop teaching, learning and assessment in education and training
- Theories, principles and models in education and training
- Wider professional practice and development in education and training
Learners must achieve a minimum of 120 credits: 75 from the mandatory units and a minimum of 45 from the optional units. At least 61 credits must be at or above Level 5.
All trainee teachers joining the generic qualification programme should undertake an initial assessment of skills in English, Mathematics and ICT. They should record their development needs and, where applicable, agree an action plan to address them. If trainees join the qualification programme having already undertaken an initial assessment of their English, Mathematics and ICT skills, their record of development needs and any previous action taken to address them should be reviewed and updated as required.
Potential teacher trainees wishing to take any of the specialist optional units will need to evidence Level 3 personal skills in English or Mathematics as appropriate.
What kind of support do I get during the course
- 24/7 online access to resources
- Practical exercises, short case studies and examples that will help you recognise different facets of education and training and prepare you for the final assessment.
- A subject expert who will give you feedback on your formative assessments and report.
- Access to library facilities for books, journals, whitepapers etc.